Oktoberfest Zinzinnati, presented by Sam Adams, is the largest Oktoberfest celebration in the country. More than half-a-million herren und frauen will converge on a six-block area of Fifth Street to eat, sing, mingle, sport lederhosen, listen to polka music, try to speak German and perform the Chicken Dance!
Oktoberfest Zinzinnati features seven stages showcasing continuous live German music and more than 30 food vendors serving close to 200 dishes. And more than 1,300 barrels of beer, or 1.6 million ounces, are consumed each year at Oktoberfest, the approximate capacity of a small microbrewery.
To kick of the weekend, Oktoberfest will open at noon on Friday. Enjoy authentic food, beverages and music until midnight as you have a front-row seat to watch the annual Running of the Wieners races at noon, Gemuetlichkeit Games at 1 p.m., and downtown's Fifth Street transform into America’s Oktoberfest.
Street Closure Information
9 a.m. on Friday, 9/18:
- Fifth Street from Vine to Broadway Streets
- Walnut from Fourth to Sixth Streets
- Main from Fourth to Sixth Streets
- Sycamore from Fourth to Sixth Streets
- Metro will be running bus service to Government Square only until 6:30pm
6:30 p.m. on Friday, 9/18:
- Government Square
- Broadway from Fourth to Sixth Street
- Fifth Street from Broadway to Sentinel Street
Oktoberfest Zinzinnati is presented by: